The information below will help you create the best title tags, title tags Google will like.
- Keep the length of your title tags 70 characters or less. Shorter the better.
- Make sure that the title tag is relevant to the body text.
- Use your keyword at the beginning of the tag.
- Remove duplicate title tags across the website.
- Create unique title tag for each web page
- Use brand names in the middle of the title tags so that it doesn’t get truncated by Google easily.
- Make sure that a website doesn’t have web pages with missing title tags. Google can create its own title where the title tag is missing.
This video sums it up better than I can, so take heed and you’ll end up creating the best Title tags that Google will love.
Here is what Google says about changing your title tags:
“Google’s creation of sites’ titles and descriptions (or “snippets”) is completely automated and takes into account both the content of a page as well as references to it that appear on the web………..Make sure that each page on your site has a useful and descriptive page title (contained within the title tags. If a title tag is missing, or if the same title tag is used for many different pages, Google may use other text we find on the page. “
All the above information was sourced from http://seohimanshu.com/ and the video comes from SEOMOZ.